Day 268 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

          Today I am so thankful that I was invited to lunch at my friend Amy's new house!! The tuna salad lunch was delicious(always about the food).  Amy is the friend that everyone wishes they had as a friend.  Amy exudes kindness and goodness.
She is the nicest person ever!!She is the most positive, upbeat person I have had the pleasure to know!  Her kids went to school with my three older kids, her kids were all in band, orchestra and choir with my kids! Amy's oldest son is a neurosurgeon, her daughter is a head Rabbi in a city synagogue and her youngest son works with the Philadelphia orchestra.  She has three amazing and musically talented adult kids!! Amy came to so many days of my Amy's civil trial and I will never forget that she did that. It meant so much to Dan and I.  My friend Nancy,  who reminds me of my friend  Amy, also came to Amy's civil trial  They are so much alike.  They are both nurses, Amy is now  newly retired but was a hospice nurse for many years.  You have to be a wonderful person and a strong person to be a hospice nurse and deal with dying patients and their families.Nancy is a Nurse Practitioner  and works with mental health patients. Only compassionate people can work with the mentally ill.  Only special people can work with dying patients and/or the mentally ill.   I am so thankful to have both of them as friends.
         Amy's new townhouse is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful! It is so huge and has wonderful high ceilings.  Everything still smells new and fresh.  They have a first floor master and two bedrooms and a sitting room/family room upstairs. I love all the colors that Amy chose.  It could have been my new townhouse because I would have chosen all of her colors and fixtures!!  Her kitchen cabinets are cherry and she has granite counter tops and hardwood floors throughout the downstairs area.  It looks like a decorator did the entire place! I like how builders now have kitchen cabinets that go up to the ceiling, it gives so much more storage space and it looks so much nicer! She has an end unit so she has a lot of privacy.  She also has a back deck where we sat after lunch and watched the world below! Amy's kitchen and family room are open concept living, her kitchen is open to her family room.
         I just LOVED seeing her new house and spending time with her.  I always feel good after I spend time with Amy, its sort of like her goodness rubs off on me!  Amy lost her mom before she was a teenager but instead of being bitter, she lived her life to honor her mom and  she is such a wonderful mom and wonderful friend. My friend Leslie lost her dad when she was about 9 and lost her mom when she was about 18.  She also is a very positive person despite having so much grief at such a young age. I told Amy that I should have been born Jewish. I think that Jewish people who follow their faith are the most compassionate and caring people. It is ingrained in their faith to help those who lost loved ones. Amy told me it is called a mitzvah. That should be part of every faith.
          Amy and I talked about what our kids are up to and relived our lives as band parents!! It was a perfect afternoon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful