Day 267 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

          Today I am thankful that I went to lunch (always about the food)with my three long time best friends Jackie, Carol, and Nancy.
 We went out to celebrate Carol's birthday yesterday!! We have so much fun at our birthday lunches!! If only we could run the world, how well it would be run!! We decided that we will meet more than the four times for birthdays, it just isn't enough!! If we had another hour or so, we might have been able to solve world peace!  Jackie is so funny!  She was babysitting her grandchildren last week because her son and his wife are both teachers in the same district and had back to school night! Jackie ordered take out pizza for dinner.  Her 3 year old granddaughter Ella wanted ketchup on her pizza.  Jackie said that if her own daughter had asked for ketchup for her pizza when she was growing up, Jackie would have said, "absolutely not." But since it was her granddaughter Ella, Jackie said "sure" and poured it on and asked if it was enough!! Nancy said she LOVES being around her granddaughter because the baby just loves her.  The baby doesn't ask for anything or criticize her, she doesn't complain non-stop, she just wants Nancy to play with her! Nancy said her daughter Laurie often says..."Mom, I'm here too!"  Nancy says ..."I know."  They are lucky little grandchildren to have such wonderful grandmothers!
        I am OFFICIALLY OLD!! I never liked to see people wear socks with sandals. I always have attributed that look to "old " people!  I hate that look and thought I would never do it. But never say never! I can only wear certain shoes right now due to my sciatica.  It was chilly out so I needed socks on my feet.  The brown shoes I wanted to wear had a small heel and the shoe really bothered my leg and hip so I had to go with the sandals!  Don't judge!!! This might be YOU one day too!!!!                                                                                                 Olivia went to a beauty seminar today and is going again tomorrow.  There were tons of vendors at the seminars.  She went to a class about using cannabis oil creme to treat pain. She got a jar for me to try.  I hope it works!!  Dan drove her to the seminar this morning. She told Dan that she needed money so he stopped to get her some.  I asked him how much he gave her and Dan said,"Olivia said everyone is taking $200!"  So he gave her $200! I already gave her $20 for lunch! Is he crazy?? I might have given her $50! The girls all ate at the Hard Rock Cafe!  Olivia came home with a huge bag of booty!  She spent more than half of the money but she had a great time!  She gave me a lot of the free samples she got!


  Olivia went down in the basement when she got home. The last time she was in the basement I gave her a box of tissues to take down because Frankie had a cold.  When she went down the steps she started yelling for Dan to come down!  I thought she saw a mouse!!! Our cat Rosie had quite a bit of fun with the box of tissues!! I am thankful for the laugh!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful