Day 260 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

        Today I am thankful for my gardens looking so great and so weed-free!  I have not been able to  weed much this season due to my sciatica so it was great to find people to do it and to do such a wonderful job!






         The weeders came again today with their little boy.  I gave him some of the toys I got for him at CVS.  He played with them but he left them here.  I think he thought they were just to play with but they were gifts for him.  He mostly played with his chihuahua. It was cute listening to Kevin speak to the dog in Spanish! He kept bringing his little dog over to the patio door and letting Rosie look at the dog.  Rosie kept jumping up at him through the glass is a friendly way!  I made french toast and hash browns for breakfast.  I took a plate out to the little boy, Kevin, and told him he could eat it or throw it away if he didn't like it.  I looked out the window a few minutes later and the plate was empty! I had taken a cooler with soda cans and water bottles outside for all of them, it was empty at the end of their work schedule. I gave Kevin two dollars because he helped his parents a little.  Dan told me to give them an extra $20 because they brought some of their own gas powered tools and Dan wanted to pay for the gas!
         Dan drove Olya and Matt back to school after they had breakfast and packed up.  Matt always thanks us for having him stay here.  We packed some of the leftover french toast and hash browns for Olya to take back to school.  It is always nice to just be able to heat up food and not have to make it when you are really hungry! Dan bought too much lunch meat yesterday so we gave Olya some ham to take back.  Olya just loves breakfast foods.  Yesterday she went to Manhattan Bagel, where she works summers and holidays, and got breakfast sandwiches for her and for Matt. Her boss gave her the food for free.  Dan said he enjoyed the conversation on the way driving them back to school. He said that Matt is very informed about current events and politics and he enjoyed chatting with him.
          When Dan got back, we went to the cemetery.  It was such a beautiful day that Dan got the chairs out and we sat with Amy for awhile.  I wonder if she sees any of us ever. After we left the cemetery, we ran a few errands and then we went food shopping(always about the food).  We were out of water gallons.  Olya and Matt drink a lot of water, I am glad that they don't drink soda!
         Olivia used my car and went to Paneras to eat lunch with Frankie's older sisters(always about the food).  One of them graduated with Renee but they hardly knew each other!  Olivia really likes Frankie's family and I am glad they all seem to like her. After Paneras, they were going to Frankie's house to play board games! I guess this was a family weekend for everyone! Frankie's parents just bought him another car, a used Camaro, because his current car cost more to repair than the blue book value of that car!
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful