Day 203 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

ANOTHER  FREAKING BAT!!!!!  The bat saga continues!!!!!!!!!!! I am thankful that I haven't seen a bat today!  On Fri. night, Olya told me that she heard a chirping, scratching sound in the living room.  We have a torch light in the farthest corner of the room.
  Olya turned on her phone and used it as a flashlight.  She shone it up at the torch lamp and there was a freaking bat in the lamp.  We didn't know what to do, Dan was away. So I told Olya to stick a pillow over the top of the lamp and we would ask Dan what to do.  She is the tallest so it was her job to stick the pillow on the top of the lamp. Olya kept saying, "I'm afraid," but she did it. Dan told us that when we were away in MD, that a bat flew into the family room when he was watching TV, he caught the bat and disposed of it.  He told Olya to take the lamp outside and try to trap the bat. So Olivia, Olya, and I carried the heavy lamp outside.  First we put a trash bag over the top of the lamp and pulled the pillow out.  The three of us were screaming while we were doing it We finally got the torch lamp outside but we were all afraid to take off the trash bag.  Finally we tipped the lamp upside down and the glass top fell off with the bat inside of it. Olivia wanted to see the bat but Olya and I wouldn't open the bag. Eventually we got the bat in the bag and disposed of it.  But we kept screaming while we were doing it. Bats are scary!!
        I am scared that we have a bat colony somewhere in our house.  Yesterday was Olivia's 21st birthday party so I'm  glad we got rid of the bat before that happened!  I kept thinking one would show up at the party but that didn't happen. Maybe we finally got rid of most of the bat family. I would be extremely thankful if the bat problem is gone!!!!
         I am also so thankful that Olya and her friend Paige helped me clean up after the party!!Those two are the best workers! My bestie Priscilla washed and dried a lot of the serving platters.  It is wonderful to have so many great and generous friends, I am thankful for all of them. Priscilla left her purse at the house last night so she came and picked it up today.  I am always happy to see her.  We chatted about the party and our favorite show...90 Day Fiance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful