Day 88 of 365 Days of being Thankful

       Today I am thankful for Skinny Cow ice cream.  I like to have a sweet treat now and then and I don't feel as guilty if I eat a Skinny Cow ice cream treat!  The only problem is that Dan likes them too and eats them.  They are really good. I would like to have them last in the freezer but they are gone before I get to them some of the time! The salted caramel pretzel bar is my favorite! Olya loves them too.  Olivia is not much of a sweets eater.
It is small but hits the spot and is really enough of a treat! The problem is that they are small and you can be tempted to eat more than one.  I wonder if the name of eating two at a time would be Fat Cow! The boxes are expensive for the amount of ice cream bars but it is appetite/portion control! I think I could eat a whole box at one sitting, but I don't.  I only buy them once in awhile because I would eat them everyday if they were around.  So tomorrow I will be back to making sugar free Jello with fruit in it. I am also thankful that tomorrow is Wed., I don't go to the gym on Wednesdays unless I miss Mon. or Tue.  It is my day to sleep in.  The older I get, the more thankful I am for the simpler things in life:  sleeping in, delicious food, books, movies, friends, and family! It would be so nice to live our older years with younger, healthier bodies!
     Today I chatted with my friend Deb,  She had a reading with the psychic at our last group meeting.  I left before the end of her reading.  She thought that Mandy Tokolics was pretty good and hit a few spots right on target! She is going to schedule another reading in a few months and take her husband. He listened to Deb's tape recording and was impressed.  I had taped my reading with the psychic yesterday and listened to it with Dan today.  He was not impressed.  She asked me so many questions because she wasn't getting any correct information.  She even said to me..."I shouldn't be asking you so many questions."   It was more disappointing to listen to the tape again. But I am so happy that my friend Deb had a good reading. 
     Olivia is supposed to start her job at a spa/salon tomorrow! I am thankful that she found a position at a salon so she can see if that is really what she wants to do for her career.  Another salon has been calling her too. The second salon is closer than the one that offered her a position.  They know she has a job that starts tomorrow afternoon. And just tonight she got a call from another salon in West Chester. I hope she picks one of them and starts working. Her back has been bothering her so I hope she can make it to work tomorrow.
    I reduced the price of my cat for sale to 5 cents!  He ripped the other side of the tablecloth! The first nickel gets him!!
    Olivia got dressed up for her job.  She is such a beautiful young woman.  I can't take any credit for how she looks because those genes came from her biological parents. Her bio mom looks like Posh Spice(Victoria Beckham). I don't know how Ukrainian women are all so slim and beautiful.  When we were in Ukraine, I couldn't stop staring at the women everywhere, they were all so stunning.  I don't think they realized that they stood out as such beautiful women.  Ukraine serves very small portions so I guess they grow up learning that a small  potion is the correct size to eat.  In America, we go with the supersize portions.  We sometimes shop at the Russian Food market in the Northeast.  Their portions are also small.  The food that is prepared is in small portions.  Sometimes even when I finish a meal, I am still hungry! I think my stomach always wants to be stuffed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful