Day 56 of 365 Days of Being Thankful


       Today I am thankful for a lazy rainy  Saturday. I love to listen to the rain on the roof and on the windows. I especially love to hear it on our camper roof when we are camping in the woods. I wasn't as fond of listening to it on our tent!  Today I slept in until 9:30, then took a long hot shower and got dressed.  I watched a few rerun episodes of  Law and Order SVU. I love that show. Later Dan and I went out shopping and to run errands.  We were in no hurry to get anything done so so we just went to the cleaners, CVS and then to the mall.  I had a Macy's sharing card.  If you pay $25 during the holiday shopping period, you get back a percentage of what you spend  I think it is 10% but I am not positive about the percentage back.  I shopped at Macys and bought a few shirts and pants.  Dan went and got take-out Chinese food.  Then we went to Big Lots and purchased lots of junk stuff we didn't need at all.  We bought lots of kitchen stuff like dish towels, sponges, and soaps. We also bought birthday cards.  I always like to have a few extra cards around.  Somehow our cart also always winds up with lots of junk food in it. Then we started heading home but Dan saw a Burger King and had to get a few burgers.
  There are no Burger Kings close to us any more and when he sees one, he has to have some burgers. He already had Chinese take-out in a bag in the back seat but he still wanted to eat the burgers.
         When we got home, I turned on the gas fireplace, got my junk food and started reading.  I am reading Fire and Fury  Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff. I just can't say President Trump, I can only call him Trump, he is such a poor excuse for a President! He never expected to win, and he should not have won. I think we are a laughing stock to the rest of the world.  Now the idiot wants to arm teachers.  Is he totally insane?
        Olivia needed gel pens for a project she is working on so Dan and I went out to find them. We went to a few stores but couldn't find them. Then we went to Michaels and found them.  I printed out coupons before we left so we saved $17! Then we went home and Dan ate his Chinese food and we watched Big Bang! Big date night! I think this was also a day of eating take-out food! The scale will not be my friend tonight. It was a lazy rainy day of eating!
        Today is also the anniversary date of my friend Priscilla's mother's death.  I was thinking about Priscilla all day.  She had a really good mom and her mom was a wonderful grandmother. I envy her for that.  I was fortunate to have a wonderful dad but I sure got skimped in the mother department.  Her mom was really close to Priscilla's deceased daughter Krissy. I hope they had a party today and invited Amy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful