Day 359 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         The Savior is born! I am thankful for his birth.  Because of Him, I can go to Heaven.
          Dan, Olivia, Olya and I went to church services at 5 pm last night.  We put all of the food on low in my slow cooker set.  This is the first year I used disposable plates and silverware and I LOVED IT!!! I used mt good Christmas glasses for drinks and they looked so festive!  i even had half a glass of wine. Dan and I are usually up until 1 a m doing dishes.  This year, clean-up took about an hour or so.  My sister and her family came for dinner and my niece and her two friends also came.  It was a great night for all of us!! Image result for image nativityThe birth of Christ was not the ordinary birth of an ordinary man. It was the birth of the most unique Person in history. The birth of Jesus Christ was the incarnation of God Himself. In other words, the very God became a man. The significance of this is profound and will take all eternity for us to appreciate. The conception and birth of Jesus Christ was the mingling of God with humanity. Such a thing had never occurred before.
Thousands of years ago, God the Father promised His Son's birth soon after Adam and Eve's sin in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:15). Because sin now created a rift in mankind's relationship with God, we needed a Savior who would sacrifice Himself as payment for the sins of those who believe in Him. To that end, God put a plan in motion that would result in the birth, ministry, death, and resurrection of the only Being capable of becoming the perfect sacrifice God's justice and holiness required.
       



Candle from Jackie and Carol!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful