Day207 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

                MORE BAT NEWS!!  Yesterday another exterminator came.  The day before the exterminator from Terminix told me that he saw some guano, bat feces, in my attic and they could "fix" my problem for a year contract of $1400.  Today another exterminator came, he was in the attic a long time.  He said he didn't see any guano in my attic.  He didn't think the bats were hidden in the eaves like the Terminix guy thought because of the lack of guano! The second guy told me to find a handyman to close up an opening near my top roof siding and see if that works.  If not, he said they can come back and seal up the house for $795.  I think the Terminix guy just wanted me to sign a contract. The Terminix guy told me that I have mouse activity in my attic so Dan and I will buy traps tomorrow. The second guy told me that sometimes bats just fly around and find a place to hang out.  Both of the exterminators told me that it was very unusual to have bats in the living space of a home.  Lucky me!!!
            Today I am thankful that Dan ad I spent the day together.  He took off from work this week.  We went on a road trip and stopped at a Goodwill Store.  Priscilla and I are going to make pizzelles for Christmas.  I got several brand new Christmas plates for the pizzelles!  We stopped at a pretzel place and I got a frozen lemonade. 
The frozen lemonade was beyond delicious!  It is better than any other lemonade I have ever had, it is probably loaded with sugar! Then Dan and I went to Big Lots and bought lots of crap we don't need! I got some flower crosses for the cemetery.  They were 90% off.  I got one for Priscilla's daughter Krissy, one for Roe's son Steven, and one for Kathy's son Daniel. Kathy and her husband Al bought Amy a Coke bottle with her name on it! It is sitting on her grave, I hope no one takes it.
 I should have bought everything they had left and given them to my bereaved mom friends. 
         Dan and I are going to look for new couches tomorrow.  We found a beige/tan one that we like but I am starting to think I like gray better.  The carpets are a beige color with some dark brown in them.  The walls are a light beige.  If I get the gray couches, I will have to change the curtain top and the picture over the fireplace.  I will probably stick with the tan couches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful