Day 334 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

        Today I am thankful that Olivia put up the Christmas Village.  I was not going to bother with it but she put it up and I am really glad.  It looks cute and festive. She also added some Santa photos from over the years.  We need to get some new light bulbs for the village because several of them are burned out. Dan usually puts a train around the tree but he is working on adding to it so he isn't doing it this year.  Olivia also decorated the banister and it looks so pretty!
        My sciatica pain has returned.  I was at the dentist today and he suggested that I go to a chiropractor so I made an appointment,  I'll try anything!  He also is going to let me use his cold laser. Cold laser therapy is low-intensity laser therapy that stimulates healing while using low levels of light.
The technique is called “cold” laser therapy because the low levels of light aren’t enough to heat your body’s tissue. The level of light is low when compared to other forms of laser therapy, such as those used to destroy tumors and coagulate tissue.
Surgical and aesthetic lasers heat the tissue being treated. True to its name, cold laser therapy does not.














It's not clear how cold laser therapy might work, but it may have anti-inflammatory effects, help repair connective and other tissues, and release pain-relieving endorphins. Overall, though, it's hard to draw firm conclusions because many of the studies have been small, short in duration, and not well-controlled

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful