Day 325 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that I went to hear a friend speak at an Naranon meeting Mon. night.  Dan and Olivia also went to hear our friend speak.  She is an amazing speaker!! Her son struggles with drug addiction.  She is a powerful force in his life and her talk was very powerful.  She is a nurse practitioner and works with people with addictions.  We have a family member who struggled with addiction but fortunately, it seems to have been a one and done situation.  I have so many friends in my bereaved parent groups that have lost children to addiction.  I am thankful that many drug addicts get clean and sober in their lifetimes. Last night my night time bereaved parent group went to a pottery painting night.  I was sitting with my friend Priscilla. There were about 6 other moms at the table with us. Every mom at our table, with the exception of Priscilla and I, lost their adult children to drug addiction.Olivia and Olya also went to the painting pottery night with me.
Most of my friends have met the girls at other times. Olya chose a dolphin to paint.  Olivia chose a "poop emoji" to paint for her boyfriend! They both turned out really nice!
         Today I am thankful that I went shopping with my sister.  She wanted me to help her choose a new rug for her living room. The walls are painted a medium gray, she has a new beautiful hardwood floor in the room, and a black baby grand piano.  She is getting a new couch so the color of the one there doesn't really matter. I actually chose a beautiful rug for her, it is mostly gray with swirls of off white and black.  It is so beautiful!  I can talk her into anything for her house.  Then we went to Burlington Coat Factory.  I donated a coat so they gave us a 10% off coupon!  Their prices really can't be beat! I got a beautiful coat for Adam that the girls can give him and pay me back It was originally $225 and only $75 at Burlington.  I also got two Eagles mug and glass sets that the girls can give them to their boyfriend's fathers.  I am thankful for bargains!!
          I got a shot in my back on Monday.  Yesterday I was able to walk around my house without my walker! I made breaded chicken, salad and jello. I cleaned like crazy, I wrapped Christmas gifts.I was a woman on a mission to make up for time lost while I was in pain for months.  We mostly had take-out or prepared food for the last few months. I was sooooooo excited to be out of intense pain and be able to to walk around without a walker!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the reprieve ended this morning.  I woke up to intense pain just as it was before. This also happened the first time I got a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful