Day 21 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

     
  Today I am thankful for the church I belong to and worship at.  It is a non-denominational Bible-based church.  I always feel better after I go to church. I think that listening to the word of the Lord helps me try to live a better life.  While I am in church I am a total believer.  It's after I leave that I have doubts.  There are so many evil and bad things that happen in the world.  I hope that it is because of free choice and not because God doesn't listen to prayers. I like that the church has two huge screens at the front of the altar. Sometimes I can't see the tiny words in the Bible or the hymnal so I am thankful that the words are printed on the screens. I like that my church does kind things.  At Christmas we were asked to bring coats, new or slightly used, scarves, hats and mittens and gloves.  The altar was piled so high with the donations that were going to be distributed to shelters and to the homeless and the needy.  Olivia and Olya were in the youth group while in middle school and high school.  They met the nicest kids in the youth group.  Eventually they stopped going because they both got jobs. One year we gave each child in the youth group $25.00 in Amy's memory and asked them to go out and do a good deed with the money. We asked them to give of themselves and their time instead of just dropping the money in a donation box. Some of them bought coats for the homeless and distributed the coats to them. Some bought food and took it to a shelter.  Dan drove Olivia into Philly and she got out of the car and gave the money to a homeless man on the sidewalk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful