Day 316 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that Olivia is a sweet and kind young woman. She told us last night that she wants to drive around the city with Dan and give hats and gloves to homeless people on the streets.
Last year our church asked people to bring in gently used or new hats, gloves, scarves etc to fill the altar with donated goods.  Olivia took the scarf from her neck and walked it up to the front of the church and donated it. I also have a few blankets she could give to homeless people on the streets.
She has given money out to them before.  Dan and I went to the Dollar Tree store, a Goodwill store and to a KMART that is going out of business to see if we could find hats and gloves that weren't too expensive.  We struck out.  It is difficult to find male hats and gloves reasonably priced. I guess I'll check online to see if we can buy some cheaply in bulk. I think I will suggest that she start a GoFundMe page. I don't even know how to do that.
         Dan found some hats online for $1 each but that doesn't include shipping. I think that is a great price!! He said he ordered 60 hats and 60 pairs of gloves this morning. One person can't do everything for the homeless but one person can do something to help.  The other night when the psychic came to our bereaved parent meeting, there was a jar on the table that Olivia put money into.  She didn't even know what the jar was for but she saw others put money in it so she opened her wallet and put in a few dollars. It was to pay for the gifts for the psychic.
         Olivia got her final implant in today!!Her teeth look fabulous!  She smashed her retainer on the front patio and said it felt so good to do that. Her teeth have been years in the correcting. But it was all worth it! Easy for me to say because I didn't have the pain but she wanted to do it.  I think I would have just worn a retainer with the fake teeth on it if it were me!! Olivia has always been fearless!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful