Day 315 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that I started wrapping Christmas gifts!!
I am anal and like to have everything done in advance, then I can enjoy the month of Dec.! I purchased most of my gifts online.  Dan and I have been frequenting an Ollie's when we go to  visit Olya! I got a good deal on the toys I purchased.  My friend Debbie's granddaughter Brielle loves crafts and they have a big craft section for kids. I purchased a huge bag of toys for the poor children that our church supplies gifts for.  In a very poor section of the city, a church sets up a  toy "store" of donated brand new gifts.  I think each child gets to choose two gifts.  I purchased a boatload of toys at Ollie's.  I like to donate a Hefty bag size of new toys to their store.  That is a charity that you know gives directly to the children.
         I am going to give Olivia and Olya $100 to shop for themselves on Black Friday and then give the gifts back to me! I don't want to just give them money nor do I want to just give them gift cards!! I will give them some cash and Dan buys them a gift card to their favorite store. I already purchased clothes for them online.
I usually love Black Friday shopping but now that I have sciatica, I may have to miss it this year.  I will most likely give Renee and Adam money and a few small gifts.  Last year when we were opening gifts, everyone had to shoot at  a target with a rubber band plastic gun to be able to open a gift! Adam spent most of his time shooting at Renee!! Renee didn't like it but I thought it was funny!! This year I got him a nerf gun.  They won't be here for Christmas this year but he can shoot at Renee any time at home!!
         Priscilla and I are making pizzelles and spritz cookies for Christmas gifts! We purchased some really pretty Christmas plates and today I got the clear plastic wrapping paper at Michael's craft store!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful