Day 302 of 365 Days of Being Thankful



         Today I am thankful for the Halloween gifts and candy my friend Debbie sent to all of us! Olivia gets so excited when we get a box from Debbie!  Debbie always sends something for Amy which I appreciate so much.  She sent flowers and a small pumpkin for Amy.  We took the items to the cemetery on Sunday.  It was also my dad's birthday so we took a birthday balloon for him to his grave. He would be 92 today.  He died the year Renee was born, 30 years ago, and I still miss him everyday! He was such a wonderful man, father, and grandfather.  When my dad was alive, I saw him or spoke to him everyday! He use to come to my house after work everyday.



We ate a lot of the candy last night but have a few items left. No candy photos because we ate most of it last night!!Debbie also sent me a dish towel  My kitchen is decorated with leaves and this dish towel has leaves on it. I am all about the leaves in  my kitchen!


           I am also thankful for this adorable GET WELL card I received from my sister-in-law Pennie.   She knows how painful my sciatica is so she sent me a get well card.  Pennie is a very thoughtful person.  I love the card, it is so cute!!  Olivia loved the cute guinea pig on the front of the card!!
I am also thankful for the Bible verse that I received in my inbox this morning.  So you shall keep my commandments and do them: I am the Lord.

I am rules oriented so that statement works for me.  The commandments are a good way to live your life even if you aren't a believer.  Don't lie, cheat, kill, or steal, obey authority and don't commit adultery or curse.  Basically it is a blueprint for a way to live a good life!

Last night was book club! My friend Caroline, a Halloween lover whose house was decorated to the max,  hosted the meeting.  I got up to go to the bathroom.  When I turned on the light and shut the door, I heard a hideous scream. I almost peed myself!! She has a skeleton head on her sink that is movement activated!!I am thankful for my book club friendships!  We all had so much fun discussing the book and our take on mediums in general. I am a skeptic but hoping that what mediums do is real!  The book was about a famous female psychic medium that Houdini tried to debunk.  Wikipedia describes her as a fraud but some of the things in the book were quite compelling! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful