Day 271 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am so thankful that my insurance approved a second shot for my sciatica pain. I will get the shot on Monday morning.  I keep hoping that something will do the trick of relieving some or all of my pain! I also have been seeing a Rothman doc about my torn rotator cuff on my left shoulder.I am falling apart at the seams!! This getting old stuff is not for the tender-hearted!!
 Yesterday I went to him to get the calcium removed.  He decided not to do it and ordered an MRI instead.  He thinks I need surgery.  He said he is afraid to further damage my tendon by removing the calcium. I am having the MRI next week. My whole left side is useless right now!! I am not suicidal but I truly understand how some people would chose to leave this planet to get rid of chronic pain!!
         Last night I went to the library book club.  I go every now and then.  I have been sitting home a lot so I have more time to read lately. I like the library book club because there is no commitment and there are always different people there. The book was called  The Stranger in the Woods, a true story. The summary below is from online at Goodreads.  ( Many people dream of escaping modern life, but most will never act on it. This is the remarkable true story of a man who lived alone in the woods of Maine for 27 years, making this dream a reality—not out of anger at the world, but simply because he preferred to live on his own).  It was not my favorite book but it was a decent read. I think the librarian chose the book. I just love the librarian! She showed a short video about the book and it had the "hermit" on the video.  It is strange when your mind has a totally different picture of someone you have read about.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful