Day 269 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that I threw away two more bags of crapola!!
I am continuing to purge.  My friend Kim,  from the bereaved parent group,  said they are moving in two years and starting to clean out their house!  That is exactly what I am doing! How do we gather so much crap over the years?? And what do you do with it all? My friend Amy B, who I had lunch with in her new townhouse yesterday, told me that it was a HUGE undertaking to clean out their house! She filled boxes with stuff for her kids and just handed them the box to go through.  Olivia and Olya still live with me so I can't really do that right now! Amy B.  said it was just amazing, on the last day of ownership, to see their house so empty!!! I have been filling hefty trash bags for Goodwill and filling trash bags of trash!! I had an entire bag of packing peanuts and packing bubble wrap.  I threw it away. I don't think Goodwill would want that stuff but who knows?  Dan and I had two apartments, then three houses  We have been in this house the longest, over twenty five years, I think! We kept moving to bigger places but now I want to move to a much smaller ranch house! My five bedroom house and full basement are way too much for me to take care of. I can take care of the main floor!
         Today was a really bad day for my sciatica pain.  I wonder if the rainy weather has something to do with it.  I have an appointment with my pain management doctor tomorrow but I was already denied for my second epidural shot. My friend Vicki sent me the name of a medical doctor who specializes in neuro- muscular pain. I will call in the morning and probably get a appointment in three months!
           We did get good news in the mail today! I got a $700 refund from the place that I used for PT, I have no idea why!  But I am thankful for the refund  It will help pay for the new couches I ordered for the family room.  I called Habitat for Humanity and they are going to pick up the basement couches next week.  Then we will put our family room couches in the basement. I was going to put them up on Freecycle but I really don't want strangers in my house!
         Yesterday my friend Nancy thanked me for including her in my blog!! She is just the most thoughtful friend ever.  She came over the night we brought Olivia home from Ukraine  She also came to Amy's civil trial.  Who is fortunate enough to have a friend like that? One day during the civil trial, she and I were just sitting in the courtroom waiting for the trial to start.  My attorney comes over and says, come with me, the judge wants to see you!  I started to get up, but he said, "not you, her." I sat down bewildered.  So Nancy follows him and I am wondering what the heck is going on. The judge thought that he had seen her go into the jury room the day before.  She was not in the courthouse the day before, she was at work and could definitely prove it.  He could have also asked the jury but he didn't.  Anyway, he believed her and let her come back out to the courtroom. Only a really good friend would come back to that courtroom!! I am so thankful for her friendship!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful