Day 266 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

          Today I am thankful that Dan and I got to spend the day with our youngest daughter, Olya.
 On the way to Olya's university, we stopped at an Amish roadside food stand to get corn on the cob and some fruit. Dan got a dozen ears so we could give some to Olya! We got to her college apartment about 12:30. First we went to eat at her favorite diner.(always about the food) Olya's favorite foods are breakfast foods so a diner is perfect for her.  Then we went to CVS to get nasal spray for her. Of course she had to wait until we got there to get her nasal spray even though her allergies have been bothering her for days. After that, we went to Goodwill  and Olya got a brand new rain jacket that looked so good on her! I got a package of Christmas paper gift bags for the pizzelle project with Priscilla!  My sciatica is back in full bloom so I couldn't walk around all that much! I only had a tiny bit of relief for two days and then it came back with a vengeance!  My insurance company denied my request for a second shot so that is out of the question for now. I guess I will try a chiropractor or acupuncture. We then went to Ollies.  We only found the Ollies because we missed our turn and then saw it ahead.  Olya loved Ollies! She filled a cart with a huge TIDE detergent, a huge box of dishwasher detergent, a new blue and white blanket for football games, shampoo, conditioner, and lots of food snacks! Olya made out quite nicely! I bought a few crafts for kids at Ollies.  My girlfriend Debbie's granddaughter Brielle LOVES crafts and she is really good at them! After Ollies, Olya suggested that we go train watching for Dan.  So we headed to the train area where he likes to watch trains. Of course, we had to make a stop at Sheetz, our favorite store, for coffee and hot chocolate.(always about the food)
         Olya is thoughtful, she likes everyone to have a good time.  We had been to that train watching spot a few weeks ago with Olya, Olivia and Frankie.  We had barbecued hot dogs on a small grill we brought with us.  We left the grill there because it was much too hot to put in the car.  It was still sitting  in the same spot!

We thought someone would take it because it is in perfect shape and was only used once.  It was chilly watching trains so it was good that Olya had the new jacket to wear.  Dan had a small blanket that he keeps in the car, he has had it since Renee was in high school.  It is a high school choir blanket that was a fundraiser for the choir! That small blanket  has come in handy so many times!
Off she goes with her bundles!
They were both nice and warm.  I sat in the warm car and relaxed!  I am thankful for the fun day with Olya!! I didn't want to drop her off at school but I am glad she is happy there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful