Day 262 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

              Today I am THANKFUL that a small amount of my sciatica PAIN is gone or is less than it was!  This is the first time since April that I do not have excruciating pain non-stop!! I can feel the pain brewing and bubbling beneath the surface but not all of it is the same as before.  My piriformis muscle still is very painful and the outside bottom half of my leg is still red-hot and throbbing.  But I do have some improvement.  And any relief, no matter how small, is something to be thankful for.

I am still in pain  but it is better, maybe by about 20% and that is definitely something to be thankful for!! Yesterday afternoon I would have said it was about 30% better even into the evening but this morning it seems to have gotten a bit worse than yesterday! That epidural shot worked somewhat.  Maybe the next shot in 2 weeks will take away more of the pain.  I was able to mop half of my kitchen floor and I have had to use the automatic Brava Wet Jet mop for the last  few months! I use my Brava all of the time but some days I like to give the floor and grout a good scrubbing with a sturdy mop!  My leg still throbs but the throbbing is a bit less and I am thankful for that!!
         Tonight I went to a bereaved parents meeting.  There were two new people there.  One woman lost her only sibling, her sister, and her parents are both dead.  She is married, probably in her mid-thirties but she said she feels all alone. The other woman brought her adult daughter with her, she just lost her son to a car hitting him when he was crossing the street in April this year.  I am so sad for all of them.  I hate my physical pain but it really is nothing compared to the emotional pain of losing a child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful