Day 261 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

          Today I am thankful for happy memories.  The other night when Olivia, Frankie, Olya, and Matt were playing board games, they decided to play TWISTER!
Olivia, at age 9, got that game as a gift from my friend Nancy the first night she was in the U.S.  Nancy came over with the game and we all played! Olivia still remembers that night quite clearly!  She sat on my bed and recounted the first night she had ever played Twister and that Nancy, her friend(really my friend) gave her the game!We played that game all of the time!! I think Olivia learned the words for colors and body parts from playing that game! I remember my niece Erica playing the game with Olivia too!  Olivia was obsessed with high heels when she first came to America.  Almost ALL of the women in Ukraine wear high heels! Erica usually had on high heels after work. But she would kick them off and play Twister!  Erica wanted to take Olivia out to buy her a gift when we first adopted her.  Erica told her that she was going to take her shopping! Olivia said  "Vait me, Erreeeka!(Wait for me, Erica!)"  They went shopping to several stores.  Olivia came home with shiny lime green sandals with a small 2 inch heel  It was no small feat to find those shoes with a heel because Olivia was only a size 4.5 when she first came to America! Olivia was thrilled beyond belief!!! She remembers those heels quite well!! She thought she was something else!!!Olivia modeled them for us as soon as she got in the door.  She loved those heels, she wore them so much that she wore them out! Those heels clicked and clacked all over our house and everywhere else.  I am thankful for Olivia's happy memories with family and friends!

          Today I got my epidural block shot in my back. I was put out for it, the anesthesia was expensive but I could NOT be able to handle the pain without it. I am thankful that the shot might work, so far though, no change in pain.  It takes up to two days to work but I'm still in so much pain.  I didn't like the doctor, he was rude and arrogant but if the shot starts to work, I can certainly overlook it.  I wasn't told before that I have to go for a series of shots, I thought it was a one and done thing.  I have to go for another one in two weeks.  Maybe that will give me some relief!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful