Day 119 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

        Today I got my hair cut at the salon where Olivia works.  I am thankful that I got to see her at work and meet some of her co-workers. I asked for her as my shampoo girl.  She did a great job!  Everyone there really likes her.  I met the owner and he said he enjoys having he work here  because he feels her enthusiasm  for cosmetology.  The woman who cut my hair said the same thing.  They enjoy listening to the things she tells them she is learning in cosmetology school. It's nice to see your adult kids successful! I got a great haircut, I just love it.  Of course, I almost dropped dead when I was told the price of $80.00! I gave the beautician a tip of $20 and I left a tip of $10 for Olivia. Olivia is really in her element there.  When you check out there, they give you tiny envelopes to put the tips in a basket.  There are names on wooden blocks behind the basket.  The receptionist was writing the name Olvia on the block and as I looked over, I saw the name "Amy" was written on the first block.  It took my breath away for a minute but I do love seeing her name any where any time.
      Sat. is my cleaning day so when I got home, I started cleaning.  I have a Winbot window cleaner.
I just plug it in, spray the pad with glass cleaner, and it does the windows better than I could ever do. I am thankful for this robotic window cleaner! I even use it on the glass top on my kitchen table. The bottom has a removable pad that I rinse in the sink. It is simple to put the pad on and off, it just attaches with Velcro.  And it is simple to wash. It is small so it is easy to store.

I just spray the Velcro strip and off it goes to do the window. You have to stay in the room with it or close by because it occasionally gets stuck.  My cat Nittany doesn't know what to make of it. He just sits and stares at it.
My windows are now super clean. I got all of the winter dirt off of them! I can see all of the birds even better now! After I finished cleaning, I went on youtube and watched videos and listened to music.  I watched Joyful Noise, a movie with Queen Latifah, I just love all the music from that movie. I was watching the Michael Jackson song video of Man in The Mirror.   His video was very sad, I can't stop thinking of all the homeless and starving people in the world. I know that he did a lot of good deeds. I think his family should continue his legacy of helping others, they have so much money from his estate! Making the video must have cost a fortune, he could have given that money to the people starving in other countries. The video did inspire me to do something charitable, just not sure what that is yet!
        Dan finished making our camping reservations for the summer.  It is very difficult to find a time when Dan can take off and both girls can take off from school and from jobs.  Olivia's cosmetology school is closed the week of July 4th so we were able to make some plans.  We purchased a new pop up camper at the end of last season.  It is so nice and the beds are so comfortable!  It has a port a potty in it.  Olivia and I are the only ones who use it(only at night for number 1) so we get the pleasant job of cleaning it! And we don't let Dan or Olya use it because they don't want to clean it! I am really,  really thankful for the port a potty because I hate to get up in the middle of the night and walk to the bathrooms! Dan and Olya  also go camping for a week with Dan's brother ad wife.  The rest of us join them for a long weekend!
        Last night we went out to dinner with Myra and Alberto.  Alberto is sooo funny! We laughed all the way through dinner and after! He was telling us about his last trip to Universal Studios.  He went on the HULK Rollercoaster and got so sick he was down and out for the rest of the day.  This getting old stuff is the pits!! Alberto told us he loved Myra so much because she was "hearty." How about lovely, beautiful, charming?? It was an enjoyable night out! Surprisingly, for the first time ever, the food was not that good. But it isn't really about the food...............although Dan says it is always about the food!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful