Day 242 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that Dan decided to go with me to the Physical Therapist.  It is in the city and I get lost easily.  He'll drop me off and go sit at a park or go watch trains or ships.  I am excited to go to the PT because I am hoping so much that he can help me!! I just can't  imagine having to live the rest of my life with this pain! The PT told me that I  had to soak in the bathtub in Epsom Salt for two nights before I see him.  I am rules oriented so I went to CVS and bought Epsom Salt and soaked in the tub! I COULD NOT get out of the tub! I kept yelling for Dan but he was busy watching the History channel and didn't hear me.  You' think he would have wondered where I was for so long.  Eventually, about 45 minutes later, I inched my way up and out of the tub.  I can't put any pressure on my bad left sciatica leg and I have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder on the left side. It is difficult for me to maneuver my body.  You just don't appreciate good health until you don't have it!!! My "being stuck in the tub" reminded me of my sister-in-law Pennie being stuck at the showers at camping. It's a funny story(could have been one of our reality show episodes) but it wasn't funny for Pennie at the time! I think Larry and Dan dropped her off at the camp shower house and by the time she was done showering it was pitch black outside.  She had no flashlight so she definitely couldn't walk back by herself.  The showers were a long way from the campsites!  They forgot about her!! Dan and Larry were back at the campsite for quite awhile before they realized she had been gone a long time!  Finally, they went back and got her!!

         I am thankful that I found a delicious meat marinade on allrecipes.com.

 To be honest, I usually use a dry package marinade,  I only have to add water or oil to make it. I marinated the steaks for about two hours and then grilled them and they were so delicious! I think I will always use this marinade from now on!  Olya is becoming quite the cook at school!  She is in an apartment and she and her roommate Elise cook every night.  I am glad they are eating real food and not just pizza or chicken tenders every night! We are going to drive up for Labor Day and have a picnic and Dan can watch trains.  If it is raining, we'll just go to a restaurant instead.
         Purging continues!  You'd think I'd be almost done but NOT EVEN CLOSE!! I filled one trash bag and another bag for Goodwill! I found out that Goodwill is a "for profit company" and I think it is misleading but at least they hire the disabled and lower functioning adults. Everyone needs a purpose in life and needs to feel valued as an individual. I almost have my bedroom finished from the purge and being reorganized..  I organized my closet shirts by color and now it is so easy to find what I want! Of course, some of things I "want" don't "want" to fit my body!! So into the bag they go! My Friend Priscilla just lost 19 pounds! I think she lost them in a month or so!!  I could NEVER do that in one month! I love food too much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful