Day 240 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful for my book club meeting on Sunday night.  We read Natural Causes.  I didn't care for the book but we had a lively discussion about it.  There were only five of us this time so we all had plenty of time to chat. I think there are about 10 people in the book club.  I didn't like the book but I love all of the women in the book club.  I am thankful to be in this book club with women who love reading as much as I do!  Most of us raised kids at the same time, I raised my bio kids with them.  I am still raising Olivia and Olya!   Three of them are nurses so they knew a lot about aging and the topics discussed in the book.  Carol and Jackie couldn't attend last night and that was a bummer.  Carol and I usually see the books from the same viewpoint, maybe because we were both special ed teachers for so long!  My friend Mary, a nurse and therapist, and also a renter in Dan's office building, gave me the name of a great pain management team.  I am going to try them if the new expensive physical therapist doesn't help me! The next meeting will be at Caroline's house in October.  Caroline always loves to pick and host the October book.  She loves horror stories and scary books.  I think we read Jack the Ripper last year or the year before. Caroline's house is so cool at Halloween time.  She really decorates well  and has the coolest Halloween decorations!  We are going to read The Witch of Lime Street.

         I don't particularly love scary or horror novels but it is OK once a year.  Book clubs force us to read books/novels that we wouldn't normally choose and that is a good thing!  I think it is important to get out of my own comfort zone now and then! I am thankful that I get out of my own comfort zone by reading books I never would have chosen!  Even the cover looks a little spooky!!
         Purging continues!  I filled another bag of trash.  How could I have so much crap?  I thought I was pretty much a minimalist but this purging makes me realize I am NOT! Except for a few small Christmas decorations, I totally emptied out the second closet in my room.  I have to get Dan to purge his closet, he said he only wears a small amount of the clothes in it.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful