Day 234 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful for Olivia's fabulous cosmetology skills.  Her teacher had all of the students take home a mannequin head and do a creative style on it.
 BEFORE



I think they are getting a grade for it.  I remember last year there was a show on TV that followed Project Runway on the Lifetime channel.  Hairdressers had live models and did creative make-up and hairstyles and competed to be the best. I think it was called American Beauty or something like that. I loved the show but I don't think it is on any more!  I think Olivia's teacher wanted the girls to come up with something new and original which showcased their skills!  Olivia is great with braids and with curling hair.  She was a natural with hair and make-up before she went to cosmetology school, now she is even better. Her model is going to a prom!  I guess they have to have a story about their hair style on the mannequin!

  AFTER


Dan came home early and helped me take some of the hefty trash bags of purged items to Goodwill.  Afterwards we went to Giant Food Market because Dan needed milk.  Of course, I also went in and food shopped. (It is always about the food). 
          A few people lately have asked me if I like writing my blog.  And I really do!  I didn't know if I could find something to write about to be thankful for daily.  It has been very easy! I am trying to count my blessings but some days it is difficult because Amy is gone. If Amy were here, my life would be just about perfect!  I belong to several child loss bereavement groups.  The groups let me know that there are many sad moms who feel the way that I do and they truly understand the pain from the loss of a child.  The loss is ever present even though it happened 17 years ago. I am so thankful for my friends who have stood beside me since my daughter died.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful