Day 232 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that I found a new birdhouse. Most places are out of the really nice birdhouses. Home Goods had a ton of them at the beginning of the season but they were all sold out when I went today!
I found it at TJ Maxx!  We had a birdhouse that Dan's father had built but when we went to put it up, it started to fall apart.  It's a shame because it was really cute and I know he must have spent a great deal of time making it!  Dan's father must have glued the parts together and the glue was failing! His dad had made several birdhouses over the years and that was the last one we had.  I am  happy with the birdhouse we found today. It is so cute! It was the only one in the store and on clearance. It was only twelve dollars!  What could be better??
         Purging continues!  How could I have so much crap?? I threw away about six pillows!  I don't even know why I had so many. I thought it was mostly clothes!  But I still also have a lot of other crap.  I threw away tons of old make-up and hair utensils.  I think I had four curling irons and four flat irons.  I don't even have enough room to store all of them! So someone else can enjoy them!  I think everyone feels better when they get rid of stuff they don't need or use any more.  It makes it easier to know what you do have or own. I must have gone crazy buying make-up sponges this year.  I think I counted ten big bags!!! I am not working so I don't wear make-up everyday like I use to. I am still just working on my bedroom.  I dread doing the rest of the house! It is a lot of work.  For years I couldn't get rid of anything connected to Amy.  But now, I can get rid of her clothes because I know she would never wear anything so out of style.
  I took a plastic Marvin the Martian figure to her today, it had been in her bedroom and I stuck it in a closet years ago.  Amy LOVED  Marvin the Martian.  He was her favorite character.  I have her Marvin necklace and Marvin cookie jar. 
       
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful