Day 228 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that Olivia came home with an award! She had perfect attendance in Cosmetology school for the month of July!
 She had us guess what the award was for and neither of us guessed attendance! I thought it would have been for cooperation, motivation or excellence in cosmetology skills!  She definitely is in the correct training place because this has NEVER happened before.  She missed a great deal of school due to her back injury and subsequent spinal fusion surgery. I think she went to high school less than two years because of pain and surgery. She had home school tutors and I home schooled her for the last two years of high school.  Perfect attendance is something she has NEVER had! She is more likely always the one who has missed the most days and has the most absences.  Even she laughed when she
showed us the award! I should put it in a 24K gold frame!
         Dan just made our travel plans for the Christmas holidays.  We usually go away the week before Christmas but this year we will leave a few days after Christmas.  We are going to Texas because it will be fairly warm there in Dec.  I now have to find a hotel.  I have been searching on Trivago to find a good deal!  We are planning to go to FL in May after Olivia is finished with Cosmetology school and Olya is finished her sophomore year of college. We will go on the train.  We will let the girls go in the park themselves.  Dan's heart condition should not allow him to go on the roller coasters and I can't walk that well with my sciatica.  Dan said he would just hang around with me. I am really Disneyed out but the girls want to go on one more Disney trip! We'll spend a few days in Disney and then see other things in Florida!
           Dan's family reunion will be in Wisconsin next summer. I wanted to take the train but we decided to fly.  Train travel adds days at the beginning and end of the trip.  It's difficult to make plans for the future when so much is yet to be determined with work schedules and internships and summer courses. Olivia will hopefully be working and won't have enough time to take off to go on the train and Olya wants to do an internship.  It probably won't be a good plan for her to be off from an internship more than a day or two. I hope the salon where Olivia is working part-time hires her after she graduates.  They give healthcare to full-time employees which is very rare in Beauty Salons. It is a very upscale salon so she would make nice tips.  However, Olivia says that you have to be an assistant for at least two years before you get a "chair."  I hope she has an easy time finding a job if she doesn't get hired at the salon she works at now!
         Last night Olya had her friend,  Paige over to swim.  Olivia and Frankie also swam with them. I guess it is her last hurrah before she starts back to school.  We take her back on Friday and classes start on Monday. Olya works very hard in college, she gives it her all!  This semester she is taking an art class so I hope it is something really fun for her.  She and her best friend at college, Elise, are renting an apartment this year.  Of course we are paying for everything.  We give our kids a full ride to college and pay for everything except for all of their social activities.  And any that are school sponsored, like football game tickets, we also pay for. I told her that I would give her $50/weekly for food. I already gave her laundry detergent/fabric softener sheets, shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper cups, and paper plates. I also gave her a new box of pots and pans and glasses, etc.  We also paid for her new vacuum cleaner. Her roommate is bringing a toaster oven, waffle iron and dishes.  I guess it is all about the food!  Olya will only have to buy food to cook or make.  We will take her to Giant food Market before we drop her off. I am excited to see her apartment! She and Elise each have their own bedrooms and they each have their own sink in the bathroom.  They even have a washer and dryer in their apartment! I wish I was going away to college!  What a life!!
       
         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful