Day 226 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful for this adorable get well kitty card from my friends Jackie, Carol, and Bill.  They are such good friends, they always think of others.
  It is amazing that a get well card can lift someone's spirits so much!   Jackie, Carol, and I all LOVE kitties.  My new kitty continues to be my faithful friend while I am recovering. She stays by me most of the day! Last summer Olya got hermit crabs during senior week and I am still taking care of them!  And this summer, she got a kitty and I'll be taking care of it when she goes to school
     .(I am looking at the photo below and I think I have weird looking feet)! I never really looked at my  feet up close in a photo before! Who takes feet photos? Dan took this photo!
I think Jackie and Carol have five kitties in their home! I have to assume that Bill loves kitties too because he is Jackie's husband and Carol's brother.  Bill is just the nicest laid back guy!  I heard him speak at his father's funeral and I was mesmerized.  He is an excellent speaker.  He taught high school history for many years, I would have loved to have been in his class! We don't appreciate things when we are young. Then we get older and think...hey, that's pretty cool! My brother-in-law Larry called me today to see how I was recovering and I really appreciated the phone call!
         Purging continues.  Olivia's friends at Cosmetology school want some of our purged items.  Some of the purses and clothes still have tags on them!! My friend Amy B just downsized and purged so she knows what it is like.  I remember her posting photos of treasures she had found that her kids made over the years.  Today's generation doesn't want all of our treasured saves. They are into living life and doing things instead of having things.  I figure I'll purge for months and then have to do it again.  I think there is a cycle of going through stuff and keeping some and then trashing it during the second purge!  The weird thing is that once it is gone, it is never missed.  Dan use to say that  "treasures" are things you buy/get and put away for safe keeping and then throw away years later.  And "true treasures" are things you buy/get and save and then throw away after throwing away the "treasures" I think he is right.  I had saved my baby crib  from my kids but by the time it was needed to be used, it didn't meet safety standards so we threw it away and  bought a new crib and mattress!
         This Thursday night Olya and I are going out to dinner with her two best friends and their moms. All three girls leave soon for away college so it will be their last time to be together for awhile  These three girls are three of the nicest girls on the planet. I am excited to go out with all of them! They all go to different colleges and I know they will all be successful in life! They have never had fights or arguments and they are not into drama at all!
         I am still recovering slowly, very slowly.  It is annoyingly slow!  I don't even feel up to driving yet and my surgery was four days ago. I thought I'd be back to myself by now!  I forget that I am not young any more! BUT I AM NOT! Olya will drive herself to work and then go pick up Olivia when Olivia is done school tomorrow.
         Dan, Olivia and Frankie went to Dairy Queen.  I hope they eat it before they come back because I will be jealous!!
I eat SO Delicious non-dairy ice cream bars.  They taste pretty good but are small and almost 200 calories each. The name is a bit misleading, they taste pretty good but "so delicious" they are not! I could easily eat a whole  box of 4 bars in one sitting! The picture on the box makes them look as if they are a decent size but it is false advertising, they are very small!!!
         Priscilla and I are marking our calendars for the Sept garage sales!  After I purge, I'll wind up bringing in more crapola!
Priscilla and I are going to make lots of Pizzelles for Christmas so we will be looking for new Christmas plates, nylon netting, and clear or red or green Christmas crinkle wrap paper. So if anyone has a good recipe for Pizzelles, please send it to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful