Day 205 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that another exterminator came. He was from Terminix.  He is the only one who actually went up into the attic!! He didn't find any bats but said he found some bat guano.
  He said they could be roosting farther down in the eves of the house! He wants me to buy a  $1400 exclusion contract where they will come and seal every opening on the outside of my house.  He doesn't know how they got in the living areas of my house.  I still think they are around.  I have another guy coming tomorrow.
   From google, I got this info about bat droppings.
         Ask nearly anyone, and you'll hear that bats (although beneficial in insect control) can be dangerous because they carry rabies. But a lesser known danger, and one that is not as easy to avoid, is histoplasmosis. Histoplasmosis is a disease you can get from exposure to bat guano (bat droppings). Because bats have a diet that is made up of insects, you will often see that at close quarters the droppings have a shiny and speckled coloring, which is the wings of the insects that aren't broken down fully in the digestive system.

        Last night I was thankful that I got to listen to Olivia's laughter.  She came downstairs from her room with a face mask on.  I was surprised that she was going to let Frankie see her with a green face mask on her face.  Little did I know that she had already put one on his face.  He was downstairs in the basement so I had to go see him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful