Day 201 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful that I finished shopping and baking for the party! Third and final cake!! One with the Fleddermans at the reunion, one Carvel ice cream for her real family birthday on Tuesday this week after dinner out,  and now the final cake is done!! I didn't know if the Fleddermans would eat the cake but they all did.It is the month of birthdays! It was my friend Debbie's birthday this week, and Olya's boyfriend's birthday is this weekend.  That is why we went to the shore so she could celebrate with him. 

The cake is yellow with white buttercream icing from scratch, and white fondant. I haven't baked and used fondant in a few years so I was quite rusty using it! It is supposed to rain tomorrow so it will now be an indoor party.  We have a  large gazebo covering over our tables on the pool deck so the young adults can go hang out there if they want.  Tonight Olivia will assemble the chicken skewers. I have been marinating the chicken all day long so it should be very tender. I cut the chicken breasts into cubes so it would be easier to assemble the skewers.  Tomorrow should be fun!
    I hope Olivia's friends don't think I will let them have enough alcohol to get blitzed.  I am limiting their drinks to 2 each and that is it.  Two beers or two wine coolers! After that, they get soda, ice tea or water. 
My friend Priscilla got me a Scattergories game so I've been thinking that we can play that!  I love that game and Priscilla wants to learn how to play.  Games are a good way to get people to mingle and be at ease.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful