Day 164 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

        Today I am thankful that I am going to see my friend Donna this Friday.  She lives in CT.  She is in the area because her daughter Jenna is playing in an elite softball tournament.  Jenna is amazing.! She has been recruited by colleges. I want her to go to PSU main because Olya will be there the same time and we can meet up and hang out!  I actually met Donna online when she was considering adoption from Ukraine.  I normally do not give my phone number out to strangers I meet on the internet but there was something special about Donna!  As we chatted we learned that we were both bereaved moms. That is an amazing bond, we are  both bereaved moms and adoptive moms.  Donna lost her 4 year old son Michael in a tragic accident. I helped her the best that I could and she wound up adopting a beautiful Ukrainian girl named Ana.  After we went to Amy's best friend Kristen's wedding, we went and met Donna and her husband in person at their amazing house. Donna's husband built their house and it is beautiful! I have not seen Donna since them so I am so excited and so thankful that I will see her in a few days!
        Dan and both girls and Frankie went to the movies. I stopped at the dollar store and got several packages of candy for them.  Olivia told me that it is illegal to bring candy and drinks into the movie theatre. I told her that they didn't like it but it is NOT illegal. The candy and soda are just too expensive at the movie theatre.
It's sort of like....choose to pay your mortgage or buy a few packs of candy at the movies!!  I got to be home alone and watch whatever I wanted on TV!! I am thankful for the time alone, it was great!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful