Day 168 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

      Today is Father's Day and I miss my dad.  I am thankful for all the wonderful years I had with him.  But I still miss him.  I spoke to my dad almost everyday of my life. Visiting him at the cemetery is something I do but is not like being with him.  I am now older than my dad was when he died, that is sort of a strange feeling. He was also a wonderful grandfather and father-in-law.  Dan and I are going to church and the cemetery and then to Adam and Renee's country club for lunch!  Later we will barbecue steaks.  Olya made a cake for Dan.  It is sugar free, fat free, and cholesterol free and still tastes pretty good.
         Yesterday Dan and I went for a road trip.  We went to an Ollie's and then to the Wild Bird store and then to Walmart.   I bought two more bird feeders and a solar powered metal bird.  Olivia complained that there are too many things in my garden.  I told her that the key word is my garden! Dan got two solar powered lights to put in the garden.  So far, the raccoons and the squirrels have not been able to get to the bird seed in my feeders.  We moved the pole away from the trees so they can't climb a tree and get over to the feeders.  I also put Vaseline on the feeder pole so they slide down if they try to climb it.  That is a funny site to watch them slide down the pole.
         My scale is acting up again!  I warned it that it is going to get replaced if the numbers don't start going down soon!  It seems like there is always a holiday, or birthday or celebration of some kind going on.  Today is Father's Day, next weekend is Renee and Adam's birthday party and then we will be camping.  I think camping trips are another name for eating trips. It is always about the food.  I keep trying to find fat-free frozen yogurt.  I have found frozen yogurt but not fat-free.
         Today at church our pastor talked about right and wrong and how God bestowed that on us, that we would know right from wrong and try to choose right. I have always said that everyone should do the right thing because they know what it is.  After listening to the pastor, I realized that someone had to determine what is right and what is wrong.  If not, it would always be survival of the fittest and only care about oneself. That made me feel good that God bestowed that in each of us and that the choice to do the right thing is always a choice!  Everyone knows it is wrong to lie, cheat, steal, murder, rape and hurt others.  The "how" we know that must be an innate gift bestowed from God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful