Day 165 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

        Today I am thankful for my Bereaved Mom meeting.  We met at Adriana's house to discuss a book written by MJ.  MJ started the first original chapter of Mothers Finding Meeting.  We are a splinter group from the original group. 

When Every Day Matters, a Mother's Memoir on Love, Loss and Life

Memoir
When Every Day Matters, a Mother's Memoir on Love, Loss and Life
 
Goodreads4/5
Amazon4.7/5
In her courageous book, Brant chronicles the first year of living without her beloved daughter who died of brain cancer. She shares not only the story of a life lost through tragedy, but the legacy of a renewed life filled with grace, compassion, wisdom, and choice.


         I love being with these moms, they are all so special and so wonderful. Every member is dealing with tremendous grief but everyone is there to support every member.  MJ came to our meeting because I told her we would be discussing her book. She was nice enough to share any info we asked about.  I felt so bad that she started crying when she was talking about her daughter Katie's life and death. Katie died in 1997 from cancer.  It doesn't take much to make a bereaved mom go right back to their child's death no matter how long ago it happened.  We had a really good discussion.  We are all going to think of something to do with our charity dues.  I am thinking of random acts of kindness but we will see what other ideas the group comes up with. We don't meet in July or Aug because so many people go away. 
       I also thought our group could go and make ceramic mosaic tile pavers for our gardens.  I have found a few things on Groupon but I need to research it more. They might even have kits at A C Moore or Michaels. I think it is nice to try new things with our group because it forces us to move forward. 
         Dan and I went to Macy's to get a new suit for him.  It was their one day sale!! I met him there because I went to get a haircut first. Later Olivia told me that she knew the girl who cut my hair! It is a small world!  Olivia went to a prom at Upper Darby with that girl's cousin, Tyler.  The girl didn't tell me that she knew Olivia but she texted her after I left and said, "I think I just cut your mother's hair!"  I'm glad I tipped her well!
        Olivia is going down the shore next weekend with Frankie's family.  I am trying to gather things together so that Olivia and Frankie can cook dinner one night to give his mom a break.  I bought ketchup, pickles, mustard, plates, plastic utensils, chips, paper cups, soda, two cans of beans,  and salad dressing.  I will make a salad and buy frozen hamburger patties and buns.  I also bought two boxes of Tastykakes.  Who doesn't like Tastykakes???  

Comments

  1. Well it was a wonderful meeting, Colleen, and every mother there brought so much of herself to the circle in Adriana's pretty new living room.

    Yes, tears, they keep a woman honest and they keep the devil away.

    Peace Sister Mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree MJ. And Adriana's living room was indeed pretty!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful