Day 150 of 365 days of Being Thankful

         Today I am thankful for not having to get any more Lovenox shots. Lovenox is a blood thinner.  Pancreatitis is known to produce blood clots so I had to get the blood thinner. Those shots are killers. I had to get one a day while I was in the hospital.  They gave them to me on my side and in my back.  I have 8 of these marks on my back and on my side. I look like a bruised and battered woman.

 This spot is 6 days old!


When Olivia had  bilateral pulmonary emboli, I had to give her a shot everyday.  I gave it to her in her leg because she has no fat anywhere and it is supposed to be given where you can grab some fat!  No problem finding a spot on me! I had no idea at the time how much pain I was inflicting on her. The needle is tiny but that does not seem to matter.
      When the IV was taken out of my arm, it kept bleeding and they had to keep replacing the gauze, maybe I went through 5 quadruple folded pads.
I was a bit concerned but the nurse said it is common when on a blood thinner! I appreciate my good health even more right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful