Day 142 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

      This is what I posted on my Facebook page and in about 10 bereavement groups I belong to.
Friday, May 25th will be 17 years that my daughter AMy has been gone. I am going to write a letter to her below and take it to the cemetery. If anyone wants to add anything or comment, I would really appreciate it.
Dear AMY, We miss you every second of everyday. You were the sweetest and kindest daughter anyone could be blessed to have. There isn't a moment or an experience that I don't think of you or try to include you in some way. I wish you were still here but I am so proud and thankful to be your mom. Missing you and loving you forever and ever.  LOVE, MOM

 Many people wrote as if they were actually talking to AMy and it warmed and hugged and squeezed my heart.  I am beyond grateful for all of the sweet notes, messages, emails, and comments. Hundreds of people liked, loved, or used the sadness emoticon on my posting.
Here is a sample of messages and comments:

Kim Keenen I'm so sorry for your pain Colleen. Everyday we miss them, but anniversaries are even harder. ♡

Nancy Ann I think you honor Amy's memory by always keeping her in your heart but also because you keep living and giving of yourself. She would have really liked your blog.

Roz Hersh Jaffe Although time marches on, we have never forgotten Amy. I can’t hear Mambo #5 without thinking of her. I pass the cemetery several times a week and think of her. I read your blog and think of your pain that never goes away. Amy is forever in our hearts.

Jacqueline Ciminera Your words are beautiful, Colleen. Amy has a special place in the hearts of all of us who love and admire you

Deborah Glover Grohosky I wish I could have met your precious Amy. I know I would have loved her.


Priscilla Cushing Conger Dear Amy, thank you for having me meet your mom. We talk about you and Krissy all the time. I’m sure you two have been watching us and laughing at us. Hugs and kisses

Darlene Romani Nash Hi Amy...I am now a friend of your mom's and know how much pain she is in while she misses you! My son Skeeter is up there in Heaven with you somewhere and has been for almost 2 months. Could you find him and tell him his mom misses him so much and is trying to find her way here on earth without him but is having a really hard time. Tell him my life will never be the same but I look forward to the day when I can be with him in a better place. Remember to tell him I love him!! Thank you Amy. God bless you and your mom! <3

Lynn Montour This is beautiful Colleen. Please know that she hears every word that's in your heart and mind. Release any guilt connected to her passing. She's free

 Mandy Jude She will be so proud to have a mum like you.sending you hugs mum.🌹
  
Robin Adaire Rewalt Amy, pleasr give my beautiful son, Ivan Warren, a huge, warm hug, from his Momma...I hope you two are together...he was a spectacular young man. <3



Iris Judy Ruiz Amy, know in your heart that your momma continues to think of you on a daily basis. There's a void in her heart since you became an angel in heaven. And even though you're gone your memory will be kept alive because you continue to be her daughter. And Forever & Always you will. loved & be missed until she takes her last breath. In the meantime I ask of you to send her a sign to let her know that you're right there with her. So she knows that although you are gone you are there in spirits letting her know you're her GUARDIAN ANGEL. And also say Hi to my two boys Randy "Red" Jr & William "Billy" & tell them I love & miss them so much. 💔😢😢💙😇😇+💛



Donna Serbus Such a nice way to remember your sweet Amy!


Karen Reimer Dear Amy your momma loves you so much and every day she wishes she could hug you.


Tracy Lee Dear Amy, What a wonderful blessing you were to your family here on earth and I bet every night when all is quite and your family looks to the stars, you are the brightest star. Rest in love sweet Amy, till you all meet again 💖💖

Debbie Lansburg I wish I could have met your beautiful Amy. It's hard to believe that it's been 17 years that you and I met. I know what a kind and loving heart you have so it would be no surprise to me that Amy was the same. I am glad that Amy did as many special things as she did in her short life. I still cherish the picture you gave me of Amy with the prettiest smile. I love you and your family and wish you much peace and comfort and many (((Hugs))) to warm your heart on Amy's Angel Day

Alma Morales Amy, so many things have changed since you've been gone but one thing never changes and that is the love your folks have for you. You are never forgotten and missed every single day. My son Michael is in heaven too. Maybe someday we will all meet in heaven, until then continue to watch over those who love and miss you so much.

Melanie Dean Scoggins. Beautiful expression from your heart.

Nana Scott I like this idea. Sorry to say we share the day. It will be 13 years. My son was flying helicopters in Iraq when he died. He was 28, not sure how old Amy was then. She is Blessed to hve a MoM like YoU. Sharing a warm virtual hug with YoU. Prayers my dear

Donna Serbus Such a nice way to remember your sweet Amy!



Tina Fernandez I'm so sorry for your loss. Amy must've been a loving, wonderful daughter. May your pain be easier knowing that she is always with you

Lori Darby It's beautiful, Colleen. Hug

Roxie Lynn xoxoxo

Lori Darby 💜💜💜 beautiful


Michele Moreen Sverchek That says it all, Colleen! Hugs to you! 



Angie Ward Dear Amy,
As much as it hurts your mom that you are gone, I just know in my heart you are doing amazing work in Heaven. You are probably teaching all of her new friends, who have lost their children after you, all the ropes. I know you see us, I know you are with us. I know that when it comes our time, you will be hand in hand with all our children to welcome us. Please tell my son, Kendryck that I love him and miss him but so happy he has new friends to be free with.
If you can Amy, please send your mom a special sign on such a hard day so she knows you are with her.
In God's Name,
Angie
       I am going to take all of the messages to Amy and read them to her.  I am so thankful that so many people wrote to me. So many people remember and care about my sweet, unforgettable, amazing and kind daughter. She would have continued to make the world a better place if she were still alive. 










😇

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful