Day 118 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

          Today I am thankful for the library book club. I hadn't planned to attend this month but the librarian asked me to run the meeting because she had a commitment somewhere.  I absolutely agreed to run it.  There are other people who are much more regular attendees than I am but I don't think they want to lead the questions.  The librarian is so nice!  She gets the books for everyone to read.  Every month she says.." I never think anyone is going to show up, but they always do!  I was thinking that last night, that maybe people wouldn't show up because the librarian wasn't going to be there.  We had a huge crowd. There use to be only one male member. A few other women brought their husbands. There were about 12 people there.  The few times I attended, there were about 5 or 6 people there. We read Beartown.  I think the men liked the book because it was about a town obsessed with ice hockey.  It is nice that the library has a book club because it is open to anyone and everyone, people can attend every month or just attend sporadically.  I like that the date is never changed once it is set.
         Tomorrow morning I am getting my hair cut at the salon where Olivia works.
I am thankful she has a job in a nice salon.  I usually got to Hair Cuttery or Great Clips.  I want to see Olivia at work so I am going to her salon tomorrow. Hair cuts start at $55+.  I wanted to have one of the owners because the owners of salons really want to make the customers happy.  But they were all booked so Olivia chose someone else for me to use.  I hope she  is good with hair. Tomorrow night Dan and I are going out to dinner with my friend Myra and her husband.  I am excited about that! And I am excited that I made dinner plans with my friend Jackie and her hubby and Carol. Her daughter Bonnie is expecting her first child in June.  No one really understands what it's like to have a baby until the baby arrives. Unless you have a live-in nanny, there will be many days when the parents feel exhausted.  Jackie and I were laughing about how much Bonnie has yet to learn because the baby isn't here yet! It is something that happens to all of us that have kids. Before the baby comes, everyone makes unrealistic plans about how easy it will be and how the baby will be on a schedule.   And then the baby comes, and everything changes. Babies are wonderful, adorable, and precious gifts but they are also a lot of work!  You don't think you can handle it, but somehow it all works out.
       This morning I went to PT for my shoulder and my leg.
  My PT is nice but a bit arrogant.  I guess that people gossip everywhere but I don't like when he and other PTs are gossiping about the clients.  I have really good hearing and the PTs desks are right near where I do my PT exercises.  I don't like that stuff. The people are there to get help, not to be talked about. Today while he was working on my leg, the receptionist told him that his next person called and cancelled.  He said to me, what do you expect from old people? I asked how old the person was and he said to me....about your age!  I said sarcastically, I didn't realize I was so old, thanks for telling me!  He just sort of gave me a quirky smile saying he put his foot in his mouth! He had me stay an extra 15 min, I think because he felt embarrassed. My leg and shoulder hurt from the PT so I wasn't looking for any extra time!!!We old people get sore easily!! My shoulder is feeling a little better so at least he is good at his job, especially with old people.
     I went to Acme after PT.  I really went just to get lunch meat and rolls but somehow I had a full cart! That always seems to happen!  My friend Carol orders all of her food online. I use to do that when I was working full-time.  I forget that it's possible to do that! I bought a huge bag of oranges. They are the best oranges I have ever eaten! The oranges ere very big and so tasty!  I ate two of them today! I guess old people enjoy oranges!
     Tomorrow I am hanging out with my best friend Priscilla. I can't wait! I am thankful for the plans we made!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful