Day 111 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

        Today I am thankful for the kindness of a complete stranger.
I went to the gym this morning.  On the way home, I stopped at a church thrift shop.  I hadn't been there in years, I had sort of forgotten it was even there. I saw the thrift shop sign and it lured me in.  I thought there might be some things for the GLAM ROOM.  I walked around for a few minutes, it is a very small shop.  I saw a Kate Spade purse that looked almost new, I thought it was new! It was only $20.00 so I thought I would get it for Renee for her birthday and I'll put some money in it! I went up to the cashier and gave her my credit card but she said they only take cash.  I looked in my purse and had $18.00 and a dollar in change. I told her to hold it while I went to look for money in my car. I thought I had another $20 but then I remembered that I had given it to the single mom who drew my blood the other day.  I am rarely a cash user, I almost always use my credit card so that we get airplane miles for trips. I found a lot of change in my car.  I took it in and started counting it and I think I was about 40 cents short.  I told the lady I would try to come back later but not to hold it.  A man heard me telling the lady to put the purse back and he said....here is a dollar. He told them to keep the change.  I thanked him so much and took the purse home! I guess kindness gets repaid!
        Renee called and asked me to go and let her dog Sandy out because she was tied up at her PA rotation.  Sandy likes me but is wary of me unless I have a handful of food!  I had to keep feeding her while I was putting on her harness.  Then I took her out back but she wouldn't move unless I went out with her.  She is a funny dog, she is wary of me but still wanted me to go outside with her! I am thankful for the laugh I got when she trotted out the door behind me!
        I picked up Olivia after her work at the salon.  She was happy because she made $16 in tips! I am so thankful that she really likes her job. All the girls are on good career paths!  Renee will graduate PA school next month.

  And Olya is doing well in college as a Marketing major.
 
 
       Olivia is starting Cosmetology School on Monday and working part-time in a salon. 
 
Olivia said her feet hurt because she is on her feet nonstop from 10-7.  Last summer she got a pair of Clark sneakers because she had to wear black at her other job.  I told her to start wearing them to the salon but she said they didn't go with her outfit. Clarks are all about comfort.  I guess she would rather be fashionable than comfortable.  Give me comfort any day!! There are 4 assistants/shampoo girls.  Olivia is the only one of the 4 who doesn't have her cosmetology license. I am surprised that she got hired. The other 3 assistants are hoping to get hired there as full-time hair stylists but the rule for that salon is that you have to work there for 18 months before you can be a stylist. She was thrilled today because she got her eyebrows waxed for free. 
       
       
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful