Day 82 of 365 Days of Being Thankful



taken at 10:00 a.m. on 3/22
     Today I am so thankful that someone talked about Amy to me.  We had a Nor'easter and we got lots of snow! We don't have a regular snow removal company.  Last year, Olya's guy friends came and shoveled and I paid them.  But now that they are out of high school and have regular jobs, they can't do it any more.  My sister gave me the phone number of a snow removal guy and I called him and got put on his list, but I am sure we are at the bottom of his list.  His name sounded so familiar to me. He called me this morning to tell me that he had come early morning but couldn't plow because Dan's car was at the top of the driveway. Then he said......was Amy your daughter?  It just caught me off guard and my voice was stuck in my throat but I coughed up "yes."  He said I graduated with her, she was the nicest and sweetest girl and what happened to her was awful. His mom and I use to be on PTO together. I thanked him for mentioning Amy. He told me that his neighbor was the head anesthesiologist at Paoli surgery center and told him that Glunk should have never done the surgery in his office because he didn't have an anesthesiologist there. Glunk had lied about that, I specifically asked him.  He had  a nurse anesthetist. 
         I am also thankful for the beauty of the snow! Nature always paints the most beautiful pictures. It really looks so pretty outside when it is snowing. I love to watch the snowflakes float and fall to the ground. But I also think all of this "beauty" needs to be shoveled or plowed off of the driveway!
taken on 3/21 about 11:00 a.m.
 
          The photo below is my front yard. I had parked my car at the top of my driveway.  I went to look outside to see how much snow had accumulated on the roof of my car.  My car was gone!!I went out the side door and found my car at the bottom of my driveway.  It had slid down the driveway! It was like a scene from a TV sitcom! Luckily it didn't keep going down past my driveway into the yard  and into the bushes or into the camper!.  That would have really scratched up my car so I am thankful that it stopped where it did on the driveway and a little on my front lawn.
taken at 11:00 a.m.
I had even put on my parking break!! That never happened before! I got my keys and put my car in the garage.  When I use to teach full-time, I loved having a snow day and not having to rush out in the morning.
I don't like when we lose power. I hope that doesn't happen with this storm.
My Facebook account has been hacked by the Russians! Messages are posted on my Facebook page in Russian with my name as the poster.  I had set up a VK account(Russian and Ukrainian Facebook ) when we were searching for Olivia's birth mother.  I think that is how they hacked me. I am trying to delete my VK account but it is difficult to do!
taken at 7:15 pm on 3/21
 
Olivia made dinner tonight.  She made scrambled eggs and potatoes, it was delicious! Food always tastes better when someone else makes it and serves it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful