Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

       Today is St Patty's Day!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!  This isn't a holiday that we usually ceIebrate because Dan and I are not big drinkers.  I don't drink at all, maybe a sip of champagne at a wedding but that is it. Today I am thankful  that Olivia and I are going to the thrift store. I love going to thrift stores. I absolutely need nothing but I always find something there.  My youngest daughter Olya is a great thrift store shopper, she always finds new name brand clothing. I guess if you're pretty and thin, you look good in anything! My girls could wear paper bags and look good! Since it is St Patrick's Day, the thrift shop is giving 17% off of purchases. So I am sure we will come home with plenty of stuff we don't need.
      Today was Joe's birthday.  When we called him we asked what my granddaughter Kaylee wanted for her birthday in April.  She will be 7. I asked her if she wanted a gift card/money to buy what she wanted or if she preferred we bought the gift and sent it to her.  She wants a My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle with a glowing horn.
Dan and I went to Walmart but we couldn't find one with a glowing horn.  I think we will buy her a My Little Pony Playset and put money in her card.   I guess there are so many people who shop online that many stores are closing.  Toys R Us is in bankruptcy and the Kmarts around us have closed. I am not much of an online shopper because of shipping costs and if something is wrong with it, it has to be shipped back. I don't mind buying online if there is also a real store near me that I can return the item to if it is broken or damaged.  I also need to buy a baby gift for my friend Jackie's daughter's baby shower.
I just LOVE to buy baby gifts and toys. I had fun looking at the My Little Pony toys.  Amy always played with my Little Pony toys. Amy loved anything that was horse related from the time she was a toddler!  I didn't know they were still popular! I can't wait to go buy a baby gift for the shower.  Since they live in NY, I am thinking I should ask Jackie if a gift card would be better so they don't have to cart so much stuff home.  Maybe Jackie and her husband will be the delivery drivers!

     I am also thankful that Olivia has three upcoming job interviews.  She has an interview on Sunday to be a banquet server at a country club, on Mon. she has an interview at Ulta, a make-up store. And on Tue. she has an interview at a spa/salon.  I am hoping she gets the spa job or the Ulta job because it will give her experience in her soon to be profession. Ulta also has a hair salon right in the store!
She is starting Cosmetology School at the end of April.  She was supposed to start at the end of Feb but she had a medical issue we had to handle first. She is now "good to go" and excited about being a cosmetologist!  She needs to work for spending money and to buy a new laptop computer.  We bought her an Apple laptop in 2016.  She spilled water on it and the cost to fix it is over $1700! It isn't worth it to fix it at that price.  We only buy one laptop per child so the next one is on her. When Joe, Amy and Renee went to college, they all chose desk top computers but Olya and Olivia chose laptops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful