Day 60 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

 
       Today I am thankful that I had lunch out with three good friends.  We went to First Watch Daytime Café. I had never been there before, and the food was really good! It is always nice to connect with friends! I prefer to go to lunch with a small group.  With 4-6 people, you can see and hear everything.  Two people were not able to come.  Our group is called "The Twigs." I think my friend Nancy coined that term for us.  Everyone in the lunch group is so nice. We are all bereaved moms, it is something that makes us alike in many ways, yet we are also all different. Somehow, not sure why, it is easier to share highs and lows with other friends who know how low life can  get to. I guess that is why someone chose that name for us.
     We have a text group so that we can share good and bad days. It's nice to be with people who get "it." We know our lives will always be filled with grief but we can help each other through the grief. We talked about how grief changed us emotionally, socially, physically and spiritually.
        It is amazing how quickly strangers can become a group of friends. I love my daytime group of Mothers Finding Meaning Again and my evening group of Bereaved Parents USA.  Bereaved Parents USA is a nationwide group with local chapters. I wish I never had cause to be part of these groups but I am so glad  that the groups exist.  Mothers Finding Meaning Again is a local group started by a local therapist after she lost her own daughter Katie. I run the daytime group, a splinter group of the original Mothers Finding Meaning Again. We get together once a month during the daytime. I think we have 9 active members. A few people had to drop out because they got jobs.   I try to plan topics for the group and I always try to find something positive for us to talk about even though we are all ready to listen to anyone who is upset about anything.  Next month we are having a psychic come and do readings. The following month we are launching lanterns. I still need to come up with a topic for May, maybe I will suggest going to the cemetery, most of our children are buried at St Peter and Paul Cemetery.  In June, we are going to discuss a book written by our group founder. When Everyday Matters was written by Mary Jane Hurley Brant.  We don't meet in July or August because it is too difficult to find dates that work for everyone.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful