Day 58 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

    Monday, February 26
Today I am thankful for today's daily Bible verse. 
Galatians 5:22-23 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 
      Even if one doesn't believe in God or Jesus, the messages are good. We should all feel and share joy, peace, tolerance, goodness, gentleness, self-control and faithfulness.  I try to think of how God could forgive people who have done terrible things and ask for forgiveness. Then I think of parents and,  almost anything our kids do, we can forgive them. There are certain acts that I think are unforgivable. For me, murder is unforgivable, because none of us can change death. I will never forgive Dr. Glunk, but everything else isn't important enough to not forgive. My friend Priscilla and I often chat about things like this.  And she and I agree that most things in life are just not that important to harp on or to take up so much time to be obsessed by them.   I have several friends who are friendly with their ex-husbands(and many who are not). That is huge! I guess if both partners are mature, it is easy or at least possible to co-parent in a healthy way.  I guess that is the point of today's Bible verse.


                           Our pastor at church always infuses some humor in his sermon.  I really appreciate that and it keeps the audience engaged.  On Sun., our pastor spoke about people with hypersensitive egos and how they think the world should revolve around them!  He told the story of a former Mass. governor, Christian Herter,  who was running for re-election.  The governor had been out all day campaigning and was tired and hungry at the end of the day.  He went to one of those rubber chicken dinners held to endorse his re-election.  As he went through the line, he couldn't wait to eat, he was famished! When he got near the woman who was dispensing the chicken, she put one piece on his plate.  He kindly asked for another piece and the woman said no, one piece per person.  He told her that he was really hungry and she said, one piece per person.  He normally didn't throw his weight around but he was really hungry.  So he said to the woman, do you know who I am?  I am the governor of Mass.  And she said to him, do you know who I am?  I am the chicken lady
 and you are getting one piece just like everyone else, so move on down the line!  And he did!

Comments

  1. I have heard of people who have forgiven others who had murder their kids in cold blood. I feel so small when I hear that, because sometimes I don't want to forgive someone who has done much less to me, but at the same time it humbles me to realize that I need to forgive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madelyn, I think people can forgive others who have done awful things and are remorseful and seek forgiveness, the doctor who murdered my daughter is not seeking forgiveness, and he is not and has never been sorry. I will never forgive him, maybe God can but I will never do that. Unless you have lost a child, you cannot understand the pain and grief.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful