Day 57 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!! 
         Today I am thankful for spending time with my close friends and with my book club.  It was my friend Nancy's birthday so the regular crew of four took Nancy to dinner. When I am with these three other women I have so much fun!  We spend more time laughing than we do eating! The gift of laughter is such a precious gift, it is priceless! And we all love food! We start off catching up with the serious side of life and then we move on to the funny part of our current and past life.  We all grew up basically in the same time period.  We were all obedient, respectful children.  When our parents said jump, we said...How high?  None of our kids would be jumping if we said to jump!  They'd say not now or I don't feel like it! Carol and I are both former teachers and we laughed about the idea of arming teachers! We'd be afraid that our students would overpower us and take the guns from us.  Also, we have both worked with crazy teachers that we wouldn't want to have a weapon at any time whatsoever!
After dinner, we headed to our book club.  There are probably about 10 people in our book club. Most of the women in the book club have kids that  went to school with our kids. We take turns hosting the meetings and everyone brings snacks and desserts,  I think this was another day of eating for me!  We meet about every 8 weeks or so.  We just read a non-fiction book  Red Notice by Bill Browder.  I had read the book before in another book club. I liked the book so I suggested it for this book club.  I think everyone really enjoyed the book and it was quite an eye opener about Putin! In this political climate, it is better to know as much as possible about Putin and Russian politics as possible. ! I think we spent more time discussing Trump than anything else! I love all the women in the book club.  Everyone's voice gets heard.  We don't usually all like the same book but this time everyone seemed to enjoy reading this one.
 
THE BOOK THAT EXPLAINS WHY RUSSIANS WANTED TO MEET WITH THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN  

Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man’s Fight for Justice 

A real-life political thriller about an American financier in the Wild East of Russia, the murder of his principled young tax attorney, and his dangerous mission to expose the Kremlin's corruption.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful