Day 54 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

 
         Today I am thankful that other people also have "senior moments" like I do. I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch today.  She is usually there ahead of me and I am never late. She also is never late. I am anal about being on time and so is she.  We were both teachers so I guess that is part of our  teacher mentality.  I called her after ten minutes and she was friendly and chatty. I asked her if she was coming and she asked "coming where?" I said to meet me for lunch.  She totally forgot and was apologetic.  I told her it was fine and really it was.  I am glad that I am not the only one who has had a senior moment!
      Last summer I arranged a lunch date with two high school friends. I even came home one day early from camping for the lunch.  I remembered it the day before but that day I got up and cleaned and did other stuff and totally forgot!  It was not even a blurp on my radar screen! And I really wanted to go!  I felt so embarrassed and upset that I had forgotten but I guess we all get senior moments as we age.
      That was my first and I haven't had a repeat yet but I know it could happen again! I usually have such a good memory.  But now when I hide things(like extra money or chocolate candy), I can never remember where I put the hidden things.  I found a chocolate rabbit I bought at an after Easter candy  April sale in Nov!  My girlfriend at book club last month said to me, I had to look at my email to see what book we read this month! For book club, I try to read the book as close to the date of the meeting as I can so I remember the plot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful