Day 46 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

  
       Today I am thankful that I had lunch with my four bereaved mom friends. We meet the second Wed. of each month.  Usually we have more people but a few had to drop out for different reasons and some had to work and some were sick. It was really nice to be a small intimate group.  We discussed the book Proof of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander, a neurosurgeon who had been pretty much of an agnostic before his near death experience.  We are all on different levels of belief in the book.  I felt good after I read the book, it gave me hope in an afterlife. Another mom thought it was all false and totally unbelievable and poorly written. I just love being with these friends.  There is an unspoken bond between bereaved moms  We get "it" and hope no one else we know ever gets it.  In the last week, I found out about the death of a young woman who went to elementary school with Amy. Her younger sister died three years ago, how does a family survive that? I don't think there is an answer to that question.  A few days ago I found out about the death of a young woman in Springfield last year.  Her mom contacted me, we had worked together at ETR  Middle School.  She was the speech pathologist and the nicest person ever.  She lost her daughter to addiction. There are just too many deaths of wonderful young people, it makes no sense to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful