DAY 43 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

      Today I am thankful that so many friends and family reached out and commented or emailed or called about Olivia's accident. I felt so much love for Olivia.
 Olivia has had a hard childhood, then had so many back issues and surgery with complications, and still has pain and then an accident on top of all that.  This poor kid never gets a break.  She lives with constant back pain.  She is planning to attend cosmetology school in April but I don't know if her back can take it. She was supposed to start in Feb but her back pain was not managed at that time.  She also developed spasms from the epidural shots she got in her back.  She was so sad when she couldn't start school in Feb.
 

       It is so nice to know that people care.  It makes a huge difference in life to have caring people in it. Olivia is OK and that is the main thing from the accident.  
 Dan and I went and cleaned out the car.  The sight of the condition of the car made me catch my breath and feel weak. A huge lump formed in my throat and made me hyperventilate. The cop at the scene told us to take photos of the car but Olivia's cell phone was dead and I didn't have my phone with me because I rushed out of the house when she called. I am glad that I don't have a picture to remind me of the horror of the scene. Someone, somewhere (God and Amy, Krissy, Pete or my dad, or my mother-in-law) was watching over Olivia. And I am thankful for that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful