Day 27 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

   
      I am thankful for the public library.  I went to the library yesterday and picked up a book that I had put on reserve.  The library is full of so many wonderful books, dvds, computers, etc. The best thing is that the books are free to borrow!  I just love books! If I were rich, I'd spend most of my time reading.  Books are always so much better than TV or movies. I recently read the book Plain Truth which I bought for $1 from the used book cart at the library.  I also rented the DVD for $1 after I read the book.  The movie was a poor representation of the book.  I rarely think that a movie is as good as a book that I've read.  The library also has a book club.  It is open to anyone, male or female.  I occasionally attend if I've read the book recently.  Last night I went because they were discussing Plain Truth.   The librarian runs the book club.  She is really nice. Personally, I prefer all female book clubs.
       Last month the library had a display of handmade quilts. They were magnificent.  I can't believe how much talent that some people possess!  They also display works of Art from local artists.  I know the library also has a scrabble club, I've never attended that.  And they have a preschool story time. There are so many wonderful free books, clubs, magazines, displays, dvds, cds, and information at the library.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful