Day 26 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

      
       Today I am thankful for my  iRobot Braava jet floor cleaner. Dan bought it for me for Christmas. I have a bad back but I love having a clean house. My Roomba takes care of the carpets and now the Braava jet takes care of the tile floors.  You just fill it with hot water and off it goes.  It runs for about 25-30 minutes and then the battery needs to be recharged. I love it, it keeps the tile floors so clean.  I have large  beige tiles on the kitchen floor and they can show a lot of dirt. With the Braava jet, my floors look as good as if I mopped them by hand.  There is a larger model but Dan read the reviews and this smaller model had much better reviews. There are easy to attach disposable pads on the bottom that need to be replaced after every cleaning. There are some washable pads available so I will order a package and see if they clean even better. The cost for the Braava jet is under $200 so it is definitely worth it. The older I get, the more "help" I need for cleaning.  I have had different cleaning people throughout the years but I have been ripped off so I am done with that plan. I just don't get stealing, I really don't.  I would feel awful if I stole something, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.  When I was teaching, I had a high school student I'll call Mike.  Mike was a senior, He was going to an interview at a Lowes Store.  It was a new store near where he lived and would have been a perfect job for him because he could walk there. The nest day I asked him about the interview.  He said that the manager asked him a question.  The manager said, "if you were leaving the store after your shift and saw a wallet on the ground outside of the door, what would you do?" And Mike said, "I would open it, take the cash and toss the wallet." I told him that he gave a poor answer, that the right thing to do would be to contact the owner or take the wallet back into the store and ask someone to call the owner. Mike said to me, "What did you want me to do, lie?" I sarcastically told Mike, of course not, I prefer you to be a thief!  I said what if that money would have been needed by someone to pay their rent or to buy food for their kids?  Mike said, then they should have taken better care of their wallet. I told him that I thought his parents would be disappointed in him if he actually ever did that.  He went home and told his parents abut the question and what I said.  His parents said I was a total idiot if I wouldn't have kept the money! I guess the world is made up of all different types of people.  Needless to say, he didn't get the job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful