Day 25 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

      
           Today I am thankful that I got my rebates in the mail.  On Black Friday I bought a ton of Christmas gifts at Macys. Some of the items had rebates for them.  The rebates came in the form of Visa cards.  On the Visa cards, it says debit.  We tried to use the cards last night and they were declined.  I came home and read more of the rebate instructions and even though the cards say Debit on them, they have to be used as Credit cards, not Debit cards.  I have a feeling that a lot of people never redeem the rebates because it is so confusing to use the cards. I had given a few of them to Olivia but she gave them back to me because they were all declined.  Then after I read the instructions for use, she wanted the cards back.  I am wondering why I purchased the items, mailed in the upc code and filled out the rebate forms and Olivia gets to use the rebate. I don't really mind, I am just glad that we got some of the rebate items. It's sort of like free money! We didn't get to Macys right away so many of the rebate items were already gone. They only had a few of each item.  Whenever I go to major sales or get items with rebates, it makes me think of my dad.  He always loved a bargain! He would have been waiting outside before the store opened! I wish the stores would open a little later on Thanksgiving Day. I know the stores want to draw people in for Black Friday, but I wish they would not open until the evening.
        The sale at Macys was great.  Dan and I purchased wine glasses(free after rebate), two shirts for Olivia and Olya(free after rebate) a stuffed snowman from the Frozen movie(free after rebate), two bottles of BCBG perfume(free after rebate, ) a small blender(free after rebate), and a few other items that were about 50% off after rebate.  The rebate forms were difficult to fill out because only one form could be used for each rebate. But I am glad that we got back the rebate.  We also signed up for the Macy's reward program where one gets back 5% of purchases made over the holidays. The cost to sign up was $25 and we just got back $28 in reward points so I guess that wasn't really worth it! The rebates drew me into the store! Of course, I spent several hundred dollars on other gifts so maybe it wasn't the greatest plan to shop there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful