Day 17 of 365 days of being thankful




      Today I am thankful for my friend Pricilla.  She and I have been close friends for a few years. She is my best friend .We totally get each other!
We met online on a bereaved parent Facebook group. I invited her to come to a monthly evening meeting of bereaved parents.  She lost her adult daughter Krissy several years ago. She is such a nice, kind, and loyal friend. We both like the same TLC TV shows, and we like to discuss them.  It is our guilty pleasure. We both love 90 Day Fiance'.

This is one of the couples from 90 Day Fiance'. The woman is from Russia and she looks a lot like my daughter Olivia who is half Russian and half Ukrainian,

     Only another bereaved parent could fully understand the loss of my beloved daughter Amy. The loss is something that eats away part of your soul, it is lifelong and never ending.  It's a pain no one would wish on their worst enemy. Priscilla and I love to go to flea markets and thrift stores.  We have the best time when we are out shopping! Priscilla is on the left in the multicolor shirt. Priscilla is a wonderful seamstress and she is a quilter.  I wish I had some of those skills.


  There is something about her that makes my heart feel lighter and not as grief-stricken when I am with her. We can be sad together and we can laugh together. It is impossible to explain the grief to someone who has not lost a child.  Recently I read the book Promise Me, Dad by Joe Biden. Joe Biden lost his first wife and baby daughter many years ago.  In the last year or so, he lost his son Beau. He recounts in vivid and heart-wrenching detail what it feels like to lose his son.  He spoke in the book about always being sent to express condolences to parents who had lost children in war or policemen dying on the job. He said that all of them knew "he totally understood" their loss. It is just a look and a feeling between bereaved parents.  For me, it is almost like we can almost see into each other's hearts and souls.  It is a group that none of us want to belong to and we wish our membership would never grow.

  This is a post from Priscilla to my Facebook page.  She is such a positive person, so happy she is in my life.

Priscilla:  I just read them all. I love it!! It's so wonderful to stop and think, each day, that there is something to be thankful for! In spite of losing a child!! Thanks for reminding me of this!


   Priscilla sent this cartoon to me and it is so true.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful