Day 16 of 365 days of being grateful

         Today I am grateful for the wildlife in my backyard.
   

   I love watching all of the birds come and go.  They can empty my bird feeder in a day or so!  Of course, the squirrels can empty it in an afternoon. For Christmas, Dan bought me a second bird feeder.  This bird feeder has a compressed pack of birdseed that is inserted into the bird feeder. It looks like a small log.  Dan said that the bird seed is spicy and the squirrels don't like it. The birds love it but the squirrels leave it alone.  The log is colorful.
I love being a bird watcher.  Renee knows a lot of the names of the birds from their bird calls. She asked me if I knew the names of the birds and their calls.  I told her that my birds don't care if I know their calls or their names, they are just happy eating at my feeders.
I know that I have robins, blue jays, and  goldfinches. They all go crazy whenever our cat Nittany is outside.  I can hear them all chirping and calling to each other.  Their squawking gets louder and louder as Nittany approaches! They squawk loudly and vehemently! Olya works part-time at a bagel place when she is home from college and in the summers.  Her boss always gives her the bagels that are left at the end of the day.  I hang them outside on the feeder pole.
    I use to break them up and throw them on the ground but all the ducks and geese from the creek in my yard come up and eat the bagels.  I don't mind them eating the bagels but they poop all over my patio! Geese poop actually stains the patio.  I had to use bleach to clean up the spots.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 77 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 363 of 365 Days of Being Thankful

Day 362 of 365 Days of Being Thankful